Stuck in setup assistant boot loop

Reido
New Contributor II

We've just upgraded to JAMF 10.11.1 and we're now having to "Create a user" and login or the machine reboots to the setup assistant again. Prior to this upgrade we would just let it sit at the Create a User page, the enrollment trigger would kick off our post-enroll script that would do a number of things. Now, it does reboot but just goes right back to setup and wants to walk through setup and enrollment again. It's like the .AppleSetupDone file isn't being written for some reason. I'm not saying it's the upgrade, that's just when it broke. If we create a user and login, then let it reboots, it comes back up to a login screen. No setup assistant.

Anyone else seeing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sshort
Valued Contributor

Does your desired setup workflow involve creating an account using Setup Assistant? Because if it isn't (and you're using a PreStage) you're able to just skip user account creation so you're taken directly to a login window.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sshort
Valued Contributor

Does your desired setup workflow involve creating an account using Setup Assistant? Because if it isn't (and you're using a PreStage) you're able to just skip user account creation so you're taken directly to a login window.

Reido
New Contributor II

No, we no longer create an account. I'll give that a shot but if it reboots without anyone logging in wouldn't it still reboot to setup assistant. I'll report back as soon as I've tried it though.

**Looks like that does the trick. I still don't know what changed but for some reason, letting it reboot from Create a User Account screen no longer created the .applesetupdone file. Even without logging in, just bypassing that screen works!