Stupid Question: How Do I upload an EA to JamfNation?

BaddMann
Contributor

How Do I upload an EA to JAMFNation?
This I probably obvious, but I've been messing around for half an hour searching for something I should probably know.

Any help Appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

Hi BaddMann,

Go to third party products Navigate to the product you want to upload the EA for
Click on EA on the left side
Click Upload EA

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

Hi BaddMann,

Go to third party products Navigate to the product you want to upload the EA for
Click on EA on the left side
Click Upload EA

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hmm, I'm not sure you can currently, unless there is some hidden URL for that. I think all the ones listed at this URL - https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/extensionAttributes.html - are ones that JAMF created and are also baked into the JSS under the EA templates. I don't think any of those are user submissions.

Maybe contact your JAMF rep and ask him/her if they know of some way to get them up there. In the interim I guess you can just create a post with the script syntax and explanation.

Edit: Ah, so there IS a way. Didn't know they were located under each specific product. Good to know.

BaddMann
Contributor

Ok that worked! Thank you! Now how do I create the XML file need to be uploaded?
I thought it was a simple export on Casper, but I've been unable to find it.

BaddMann
Contributor

Never mind, Silly me thought the result I received when downloading had to be how I provided "my" EA to Jamfnation.

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey Baddmann -

Just wanted to chime in and see if I could help as well. rderewianko was spot on with his suggestion.

Once you find the Third Party Product you would like to contribute to, you can grab the Extension Attribute from the JSS (they are stored in /Library/JSS/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/xml/extensionAttributeTemplates) and upload it to JAMF Nation. You can also copy / paste the contents of your script into a text file and upload that. JAMF Nation will automatically convert it into the XML format needed.

We will do a better job of communicating which file formats we accept moving forward. I hope this makes sense. Let us know if you have any questions!

asditsupport
New Contributor III

Since someone has already set the mood for silly... My questions is...
Since the EA from JAMF are in XML, how do I use them once I download it? Usually I compose .sh and paste it in the script field...

krichterjr
Contributor

@Aruja][/url

This got me in the past as well. However, I think this link will address what you are looking for. The short of it is you don't upload it via the web interface.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=26