switch to List of users or show name & password fields

nlam
New Contributor

Hello everybody

I have a MacBook Pro with Monterey OS. The user left the company and I don't have a password to back up the data.  I have a setting in Jamf for creating another local admin; however, the login screen only shows UserName & password field. Is there any way that I can do to have the login show all the users or I can type in the username.

The local account created by Jamf was never log in.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks,

Nam

5 REPLIES 5

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Hi, is the computer bound to the domain and do you enforce filevault? You don't have a local admin account?

No, it is not bound to the domain. Yes, i do have enforce FileVault in Jamf Pro.  And I do have a local admin.

The thing is the Login screen only shows Jane Doe and the password field. 

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Then reboot the mac to recovery mode, select the Forget Password option at bottom. It will prompt for the Filevault key. Then you can reset the user's password to whatever you want it to be. Then reboot the mac and you should be able to login with the new password.

Thank you @junjishimazaki; however, I don't have the Filevault key.  It doesn't show up in the Jamf portal. Below is the screenshot in Jamf.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 3.02.11 PM.png

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Oh, so the key didn't get escrowed. Is gtaylor the only user with secure token? Looking at that screenshot, gtaylor is the only FV enabled user and without the FV key I don't think there is any other way around that.