Symantec WSS Agent Version Detection

bmack99
Contributor III

I am wondering if anyone has a solution for detecting an installation of the Symantec(Broadcom) WSS Agent and the version installed? I see with v7.3.5 and above it appears it finally shows in /Applications/ as an app. However older versions do not show in this directory.

Thanks for any Extension Attributes or advice anyone can share...

4 REPLIES 4

tomt
Valued Contributor

For version 6 agents, you can search for /Library/Application Support/Symantec WSS Agent/wssa-ui.app.

bmack99
Contributor III

Thanks @tomt I had found that directory as well, but am on a version 7 agent and thus do not have the .app bundle. Is there anything in that bundle that would identify the specific version? Perhaps a .plist file?

tomt
Valued Contributor

We're moving from v6 to the latest v7 so I haven't had to look at older 7 versions.

bmack99
Contributor III

Would like to bump this back up. Getting ready to deploy WSS v7.5.1 agents to our fleet. Want to scope to All Machines and exclude a Smart Group that detects WSS v7.5.1. If i utilize 'Application Title' as Symantec WSS Agent.app and 'Application Version' as 7.5.1 I get no results. Does anyone have a solution for this they would be willing to share?