System crashing during OS install at the policy application step

dan_berlyoung
New Contributor III

I have a lab full of 30 2019 21" iMacs that I am installing Monterey on with a Jamf load. We've been successfully using this load for hundreds of other systems with Big Sur and Monterey. But in this particular lab, the systems are almost all crashing (abruptly going black, have to push power button to restart) toward the end of the OS install step where all the Jamf policies are being applied. (The gear icon screen.) The load has lots of Jamf Pro policies and Jamf Connect 2.

The system is then left in a partially configured state that I can sometimes repair by executing a "sudo profiles renew -type enrollment" and "sudo jamf recon".

The wired network connections are solid and fast (1GB/s down and up.) The only real unique thing is that these are all 21" systems, We have lots of 27" iMacs of the same vintage that work just fine.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

1 REPLY 1

schoeM
New Contributor II

I know this thread is a bit older, but I'm experiencing the same issue. I have some machines that crash during the enrollment (some basically every time), but I don't have any idea on how to tackle this.

Did you find a solution, or does anyone else have an idea on this?