Target imaging and getting stuck at creating first run script

Lhsachs
Contributor II

While testing target imaging by a tech in Europe - 9 hours from the mother ship, the imaging runs fine copying the software to the system off the local distribution point. Where it gets stuck is in creating the first run script, adding line for binding to AD...

Has anyone else had a similar problem? JAMF is recommending turning off the bind while imaging - I guess I'll find out the result on Monday from the Tech there...

7 REPLIES 7

acdesigntech
Contributor II

At what point in creating the first run script does it get stuck (i.e.: when adding the line to bind, adding certain scripts, caching any packages, etc)?

abels_samuel
New Contributor

I just began using Casper as well and came across the same issue when 'adding the line for binding...' it does not get past that point. I have stopped it several times and checked to see if anything before that point in the script had run but without luck. So i decided to stop the AD bind but then it gets stuck creating the JAMFHelper first run script.

Lhsachs
Contributor II

I haven't yet had a chance to run the imaging myself on the system that got stuck - will let you know the results and solution when I do...

guzmanhm
New Contributor II

Im having the same issue here. Lhsachs did you figure out the problem with this issue?

Lhsachs
Contributor II

Sorry I didn't get back on this one. This was resolved giving everyone read rights on the Casper share in the windows distribution point.

stEn
New Contributor

What if you're on a UNIX server?

pearlin
New Contributor III

I'm now experiencing this problem when I never had it before. I'm running 8.7 on a Mountain Lion server. Any idea how to resolve this? Our CasperShare folder on our server has read privileges for everyone.

UPDATE:
I got my hands on the 8.64 Casper Imaging and the problem doesn't exist there. There must be some bug with the 8.7 version of Casper Imaging.