test server set up problems

kyoung
Contributor

I am trying to set up a test server for trials. I get the JAVA jdk and the mysql database set up but when I go to install the JSS I get this dialog:e80c3c31990b409f8edd443d1b38dadf

As I hope you can see, the server app window is visible in the background with 3 green dots on it so I have no idea what the dialog is trying to tell me. Do I need to have a FQDN for the server box for the JSS to recognize it or is there some other item I am missing?

Thanks much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@kyoung if you are using Server 5.04 this is a know issue. I'm not sure if there is any workaround for the issue currently. I know there is a knowledge base article for installing a JDS with Server 5.04 but I am not sure about installing the JSS. I think the suggestion was to install an older version of the Server Application in order to get the JSS to install. Maybe someone else that knows differently can respond.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@kyoung if you are using Server 5.04 this is a know issue. I'm not sure if there is any workaround for the issue currently. I know there is a knowledge base article for installing a JDS with Server 5.04 but I am not sure about installing the JSS. I think the suggestion was to install an older version of the Server Application in order to get the JSS to install. Maybe someone else that knows differently can respond.