The app “com.apple.Pages” is not managed

Slicer
New Contributor III

In my student restrictions Configuration profile, I have the "Some Apps Not Allowed" configured to not allow installation of the Pages app....all of a sudden I am getting failures on the Remove command that say this:

The app “com.apple.Pages” is not managed

How do I fix this issue?

7 REPLIES 7

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

iPads I assume? Are they new, out of the box devices?

Slicer
New Contributor III

Sorry. Yes, iPads. No, not new. And this 'failure' just started showing up within the last week or two. This particular screenshot is from a device that was enrolled on 2/28/2019
d29ac63285c04b98b8f6e508aefb5253

Slicer
New Contributor III

Also, if it helps, I am including
3f9fdcfc29214642b97843582a115af7 how I have the "Some Apps Not Allowed" set up in the Student Restrictions Configuration Profile

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

An App won't uninstall if its unmanaged - which is what you have when an iPad comes with pages, keynote, numbers, etc out of the box. Jamf can do a managed take-over of those apps but it won't both do a managed take-over and remove the app as far as I know. This would probably need to be a Jamf feature request.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@jdhainley Have you added these apps to your jss or are you just removing them using the bundle id?

Slicer
New Contributor III

@mainelysteve I am just using the bundle id to remove

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@jdhainley Well then it's fairly trivial what you need to do. Get the app added to your catalog via VPP, ensure it's getting into a managed state then attempt the removal. I can't imagine the jss would be able to remove an app that it's only aware of by inventory records.

That's at least my observation on the matter.