Too many Safari tabs open on iPad

lilteddy78
New Contributor II

Hi All,

We use iPads with our TK-2nd grade students. We are coming across an issue where they have lots of Safari tabs open. A co-worker found one with over 100 tabs open. Is there a way to have these close after so many days? I know it can be done manually on each device but we have over 2000 devices out and that would be insane to try and take care of individually.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

RaxiaDK
Contributor

If where a shared iPads, why not use Apple shared iPads feture?

lilteddy78
New Contributor II

This still requires someone to touch the iPads to get this done. Since we are talking about 4-6 year olds I don't think this is something we would want to do. Unless I'm missing something on how to set it up.

If you use Apple shared iPads any time a user login/logout. It will clean the safari.

You can use guest mode for easy use

maortiz
New Contributor II

Did you find an answer to this?  We are 1-to-1 pk-3rd, and it would be great if we could set tabs to close after 1 day without touching each device.

lilteddy78
New Contributor II

No, I never did figure this out. Using the shared iPads feature wasn't feasible since the students never logged into the device. 

Janell
New Contributor III

Hi, is there any update on this issue? I am getting the same question from my teachers.

mmatocha
New Contributor

Adding on that this is an issue I have as well. One Pre-K iPad had over 300 tabs.