Touch ID 10.13.6 not working after chown permissions

kebmacecho
New Contributor II

Hey All,

Longtime listener, first time caller.

I have an issue with a few machines. We are in the process of migrating domains and a few of the macs that I have done have touch bars. The Touch ID was working with their previous AD mobile account but after chowning the home folder to the new AD mobile account, when the user tries to setup the Touch ID again, it starts to allow the setup then fails. I have removed all past fingerprints via the bioutil and I had the user do a SMC reset on the machine but neither have been successful. I have been researching and it looks like there was an issue with previous versions of 10.13 but apparently it should have been fixed. I am reaching out to see if anyone has seen this issue. Also, of note, the user mentioned that in System Preferences the checkbox options under Touch ID are grayed out, the user is an admin, it is a mobile account and we are not pushing any configuration profiles controlling Touch ID.

2 REPLIES 2

kebmacecho
New Contributor II

Is it possible that something in AD is blocking this feature from working correctly? I know there is an AD biometric that needs to be enabled for certain Windows 10 biometric devices to work on a domain, curious if somehow this is also effecting the mac?

bvsaker
New Contributor

I and a co-worker are having the same exact problem. We were just migrated to another domain and now Touch ID will no longer register a fingerprint. We are experiencing the same symptoms as described above.