Tracking what applications are installed on every single computer

khogak4
New Contributor

Is there a way to view what apps are installed on all devices? I know you can view them individually but I want to see a report of everything. Something like Smart Groups where I can view the number of devices that have this particular application. This way I can get automated patching done on these apps.

1 REPLY 1

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@khogak4 When viewing a Smart Group (e.g. All managed Macs) click the Export button. On the Choose File Format screen select the format you want to download a report in then click Next. On the Choose Inventory Item screen select Applications as the item to base your results on then click Next. That will download  report of all applications that Jamf Pro has collected inventory on and the Macs they are installed on.

Depending on the size of your environment that report may be too large to be useful, so you might want to create smaller more focused Smart Groups to base a report on. Also note that if you have an Application Title criteria in the Smart Group you're exporting a report for it will be limited to that application.