troubleshooting error logs

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

I'm having a bear of a time understanding what this log error message means. I've scrubbed data, I've deleted profiles and recreated them and have re-enrolled all of our Mac OS X 10.8 clients. I've even escalated to support, but was hoping some seasoned JSS admins out here might know or have seen similar error messages. Here are relevant portions of our log files from finishing the Tomcat initialization to the point where the error recurs. I thank anyone in advance for assistance in troubleshooting.

2013-07-11 14:42:15,346 [INFO ] [InitializeServer ] - Finished JSS Initialization.
2013-07-11 14:42:20,738 [ERROR] [MDMComputerAction ] - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1"> <dict> <key>ErrorDomain</key> <string>MDMClientError</string> <key>LocalizedDescription</key> <string>Profile with identifier 'F76300FD-2FDF-4863-B69B-6CA9D7FEACAE' not found. &lt;MDMClientError:89&gt;</string> <key>ErrorCode</key> <integer>89</integer> </dict>
</plist>

2013-07-11 14:42:21,907 [ERROR] [MDMComputerAction ] - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1"> <dict> <key>ErrorDomain</key> <string>MDMClientError</string> <key>LocalizedDescription</key> <string>Profile with identifier 'CC6A79C3-2BCF-42CD-A3C3-F20ACF5F96A1' not found. &lt;MDMClientError:89&gt;</string> <key>ErrorCode</key> <integer>89</integer> </dict>
</plist>

2013-07-11 14:47:23,345 [ERROR] [APNSQueueManager ] - An exception was raised while attempting to send a push notification to device: 5f63b1b29e966ce4d95040509a6a81541174c876
2013-07-11 14:47:23,346 [ERROR] [APNSQueueManager ] - Exception (class java.net.SocketTimeoutException): Read timed out
2013-07-11 14:47:23,346 [ERROR] [APNSQueueManager ] - An exception was raised while attempting to send a push notifications
2013-07-11 14:47:23,346 [ERROR] [APNSQueueManager ] - Exception (class com.jamfsoftware.pushnotification.APNSConnectionException): Writing to APNS Failed
2013-07-11 14:47:23,406 [ERROR] [APNSQueueManager ] - Sleeping for 1 minute then trying again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bajones
Contributor II

Well, it's beyond me then. I'm in a pretty locked-down environment and that's what I would have checked first. I look forward to reading about what it takes to get this resolved!

I don't remember what my logs showed when I had a similar issue, but this thread helped me: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=6188

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bajones
Contributor II

Looks like the JSS can't reach the APNS. If you have access to your firewall or content filter, try giving your JSS full access to 17.0.0.0/8 and see if the push still fails.

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

Thank you for that suggestion...um..probably not the case though...we have no outbound firewall and two my iOS devices receive profiles pushed to them just fine. I'm kinda thinking the bottom part is un-related to the top part of the log. I just wanted to post enough log to give context. I'm more interested in the top part of the log snippet...I can't quite figure out what is going on there...it seems to be a stale profile...I am going to look through our backup dumps of SQL to see how far back this error goes. I'll update more hopefully on that.

bajones
Contributor II

Well, it's beyond me then. I'm in a pretty locked-down environment and that's what I would have checked first. I look forward to reading about what it takes to get this resolved!

I don't remember what my logs showed when I had a similar issue, but this thread helped me: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=6188

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

bajones,

I'm going to give you answer credit on this one. I had looked at that very post while working on this and used the second command toward the bottom. Hadn't given much thought of using the first one. At least this morning the logs are not showing those blasted "can't find profile errors". I dug through some mysqldumps last night and couldn't find this particular one. I'm hoping the first command in that post did the trick. We'll see over the next day or so.