Trying to discover the source of a policy delay

Maxb
New Contributor III

Having difficulty with self service, and policies on a machine. When attempting to restart the computer it'll hang at the checking for policy page indefinitely until I force shutdown the laptop. Self Service will take an exceedingly long time to open if it does and once open will not run policies.

Whenever I try to call the policies through terminal via "sudo jamf -policy id ##" I get the following which I suspect is related to my issues.

"This policy trigger is already being run: root 84067 0.0 0.1 4347236 23984 ?? Ss 1:49PM 0:12.38 /usr/local/jamf/bin/jamf policy -randomDelaySeconds 300"

It seems like this delay is not going away and it's causing no policies to run as a result of this seemingly infinite delay. I've gone through all active policies and cannot seem to find the source of this.

I have attempted to unenroll and re-enroll this computer only to have the same issue occur. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

It looks like a policy is running for a long time, causing everything else to hang. First thing I would do is look at your policies logs and see if you see any that are taking a long time to run. If so, try disabling those polices. If you don't see anything obvious, note what policies have successfully run and what policies do not have recent logs. Once you determine what policies have not completed successfully, try excluding (or disabling) those policies and try doing a check-in again.

Also, I would double-check if any your policy have a large download associated with it? For example, Office is well over 1.5GB. Depending on network speed and conditions, it could take awhile to download.

hdsreid
Contributor III

edit: nvm misread the OP sorry