Unable to apply manual user-level managed preference on OS X 10.9

tziegmann
New Contributor

Hi all -

I am new to the Casper Suite and the JSS. I'm working to migrate away from the traditional monolithic imaging model and let Casper do as much of the heavy lifting as possible. I use the Fetch FTP client and I've repackaged it using Composer. I am stuck though with managing the Fetch license. The license is stored in a plist at the user level so bundling it with my package appears to be out of the question.

I tried to create a manual managed preference, but I can't seem to get it to apply. When I run sudo jamf mcx -user username -verbose I see the system level MCX being applied, but not my user level setting. The user level and system level policies are separate within the JSS.

Thanks,

Tom

4 REPLIES 4

pblake
Contributor III

I suggest using mcx to profile. It will let you use that plist and create a configuration profile you can apply at the user level.

https://github.com/timsutton/mcxToProfile

tziegmann
New Contributor

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I do still wonder about some other settings that I am applying that are built into the JSS. Are there any known issues in 9.62 that would prevent user MCX from being sent from the server? I don't see any user level MCX being passed.

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Do you use LDAP? I want to say you need to scope it to a user if it's a user level MCX.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Further to what @adamcodega said, we are applying user-level MCX to 10.8 & 10.9 clients fine from a JSS running 9.62.