Unexpected behavior during sleep

tknighton
New Contributor II

Hello,

I've inherited an environment, and am seeing an unusual issue with machines that are asleep. Basically, when some machines are asleep, they trigger a restart. If the user has documents or applications open that throw warning messages (do you want to save before exiting?) then the user can click cancel, and prevent the restart once they get back to their computer. However, if all their documents are saved, then the machine will complete the restart and when they return to their desk, they'll have to login and start from scratch.

I've looked through the JSS, and can't find a policy that's triggering this. Nor is it in the energy saver system preference as I first thought.

At this point, I'd welcome any input.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

pblake
Contributor III

Launch Daemons and launch agents. I'd look there.

tknighton
New Contributor II

I don't see anything that should execute a restart.

kirkmshaffer
New Contributor II

Just to make sure: it's a reboot not a logout? More than a few of us got bitten by the bug where upgrading to 9.8 enabled the Logout after Inactivity for 30 minutes feature and had fun chasing the tail on that one.

hkabik
Valued Contributor

Yeah I would for sure check to make sure you don't have any config profiles configured with: "Log out users after:" enabled under Login Window.

Look
Valued Contributor III

Try pmset just in case someone has scheduled wake events at the machine level (i.e. during the original INIT script or something).

pmset -g sched

Knighton
New Contributor III

Shaffer, hkabik, that was it.

I looked up the issue you mentioned, found this post, https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=17972 and saw that one of our configuration profiles did indeed have that box checked.

Many, many thanks y'all!