Unexpected behavior with User Interaction messages with JSS 9.65

geekyink
New Contributor II

Hoping for some help from my super duper smart peers at j-nation. I looked through documentation but cannot see any clarification on this regarding trigger methods. Whenever I add User Interaction messages to a policy, and set that policy to trigger on login, the messages show up as the old style black box instead of going to Notification Center. If I trigger the same policy in another way such as re-occurring, it works as expected. Bug or expected behavior? Something to do with the Mangament Action.app not being ready/loaded before login is completed? The OCD in me would appreciate any ideas, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that since Notification Center messages are strictly in the user space, it may be that the policy is kicking in on login a bit early, before the account has fully logged in, and therefore can't call Management Action.app to send up the notice, so it falls back to another notification method using jamfHelper.

That's just a guess.

geekyink
New Contributor II

@mm2270 Pretty much what I was thinking as well. Would love to know for sure if anyone at JAMF could chime in.