Uninstall .dmg policy removes files but not folders

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I have an older version of node.js that I had packaged using Composer into an indexed .dmg file to copy the files into users' ~/Applications folder. Today I'm replacing that old policy with the new node.js 5.7.1 version that is an actual installer pkg file. I changed the older node.js policy from install to uninstall and ran it on my Mac from Self Service to test. It removed all the FILES but left the entire FOLDER structure intact. I confirmed that there are no leftover files anywhere in the multitude of subfolders so there is no reason to keep them behind.

Is this a bug or is this working as designed?

2 REPLIES 2

roiegat
Contributor III

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but I've seen this before. I've usually added a command in the "Run Command" section to just delete the folder when its done.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I've seen this in the past as well, though I have no idea how consistent the issue was for me. I've always had a small universal cleaner script following my off boarding process to clean up bits of Adobe software and the like that I know I've used to remove the old MS Office folder structure. I'll check this out the next chance I get.