unlocking system prefs for non admins in 10.12.4

martinf
New Contributor II

I'm trying to unlock some of the system preferences but the security authorizationdb write system.preferences does not seem to work any more ... However old scripts I unless for time settings etc ... are also no longer working so I guess something has changed?

This is what I am using

#!/bin/sh

security authorizationdb write system.preferences allow
security authorizationdb write system.preferences.network allow

exit 0
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martinf
New Contributor II

Right a bit more digging around and i need to change another entry too for it to worl

security authorizationdb write system.services.systemconfiguration.network allow

and that now fixes on my 10.12 builds

I keep searching but am yet to find a definitive list of all the authorizationdb system.services

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

barnesaw
Contributor III

I will have to verify tomorrow if I was running this on an updated VM, but I had it working on Sierra earlier today.

Though I set most of those on a 12.0 AutoDMG image and then update so that may make a difference.

martinf
New Contributor II

I think it may just be related to the .network attribute as i tried with printing & datetime and they seemed to work ok

martinf
New Contributor II

Right a bit more digging around and i need to change another entry too for it to worl

security authorizationdb write system.services.systemconfiguration.network allow

and that now fixes on my 10.12 builds

I keep searching but am yet to find a definitive list of all the authorizationdb system.services