Updating M1 Macs to 12.2 without User Interaction

edelfert
New Contributor

I'm trying to push 12.2 to computers and can't find much in the way of doing it on Apple Silicon. We have a policy for Intel Macs but can't seem to get M1s working without user interaction (which we would prefer not to have). It appears that this has been an issue for some time, but I just wanted to see if I'm overlooking anything. I should also mention that I'm pretty new to jamf. 

2 REPLIES 2

SCCM
Contributor III

test out send remote commands > update os version > specific verion > download and nstall the update, and restart computers after installion 
That doesnt work for us, but might for you. We are testing the "download and allow macos to install later" option with deferals, but the machines need to be on at least 12.1 to take advantage of this, and need to be DEP

timdsmith72
New Contributor II

softwareupdate on Silicon Macs require a couple of extra parameters.  Something like this.  I had to set up a prompt for them to enter their password.  Haven't found a way around it yet. 

/usr/sbin/softwareupdate -i -a --user ${currentUser} --stdinpass ${account_password}