Updating NetSUS appliance

tthurman
Contributor III

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was a way to update the NetSUS appliances that are currently in place?

I am currently running 7 NetSUS appliances and would rather not have to take them all down and rebuild them just to update them.

Anyone know of a way?

Regards,
TJ

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mattware
Contributor

Sounds like you should download and execute the .run file, and it'll update your OVA. I'd snapshot before just in case though.

View solution in original post

Steven_Strand
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Tthurman, yes Mattware is correct, if you originally used the OVA you can download the .run file and execute it on the OVA server and it will update it maintaining your current configurations. A snapshot is always wise before running any installer but it should all work fine. Thanks.

Steve

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_Strand
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hey Tthurman, there shouldn't be any change to the updating process. It is still based upon the original NetSUS so it will just update what is there and add the LP piece. So your process should not be different. You should just execute the .run file on the server and your good to go.

Steve

tthurman
Contributor III

I'm confused. The NetSUS appliance will update itself?

I didn't run the installer on a pre-existing Linux Environment, I built it with the OVA/OVF file. Is there something I need to do on the server to make it update to 4.0.0?

Regards,
TJ

mattware
Contributor

Sounds like you should download and execute the .run file, and it'll update your OVA. I'd snapshot before just in case though.

Steven_Strand
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Tthurman, yes Mattware is correct, if you originally used the OVA you can download the .run file and execute it on the OVA server and it will update it maintaining your current configurations. A snapshot is always wise before running any installer but it should all work fine. Thanks.

Steve

tthurman
Contributor III

Thanks for the help, Guys.

I appreciate it.

Regards,
TJ