Upgrade to 9.64 but can't see any option for iOS Wallpaper deployment

ILSG_Admin
New Contributor

I might be missing something here but I have just gone ahead with the upgrade to v9.64 and can see in the release notes there is an update adding the ability to remotely set the wallpaper on iOS devices.

We currently have just under 100 iPads on site here at a school and remotely setting the wallpaper to a pre-defined image would be ideal for student use. I know previously this was locked down by Apple.

Has anyone managed to do this successfully yet, as I can't seem to find it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi! It is a management Action, so on a single device it is located in the Management Tab
On a smart group, is is at the bottom of the window when you are in View>Action>Send Remote Command

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi! It is a management Action, so on a single device it is located in the Management Tab
On a smart group, is is at the bottom of the window when you are in View>Action>Send Remote Command

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

I was able to send out a randomly sized desktop pic to my iPad Airs, but my iPad 2s did not get that pic. Once I resized a pic to 1024x1024 it went to the iPad 2s

ILSG_Admin
New Contributor

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the response!
I'll test this out when I'm at the office next week to try it out, but that sounds great!
We are using iPad 2's for most of the fleet so that note about the image size is greatly appreciated!

Tigerhaven
Contributor

Hi Sandy ,
is there a way i can set up wallpapers for macbooks also

Kunal V

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

You might want to get off 9.64, as JAMF pulled it, releasing 9.65 instead.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Sure,
You need to have the desktop picture on the computer (so if it is a custom picture, for example, you need to package it and include it in your policy) and then you can set the picture to be the desktop.

I currently do this by setting the desktop on a computer and then capturing the relevant files using Composer:
~/Library/Application Support/Dock/desktoppicture.db ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist I send it out with FEU FUT so that all users get this setting

I expect you could also do this with a Config Profile>Custom Setting
Good Luck!

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Thanks Don, already did that on Friday :)

Tigerhaven
Contributor

Thanks Sandy,
thanks for your help. I am less then a month in this software. and we have the cloud based setup, So much to learn and so less time .

Kunal V