User initiated enrollment showing different wrong users for all devices

Gin
New Contributor

Hi,

Ran into something just recently that I know has been occurring for at least the last week or two, not sure exactly when it started. We have a cloud Jamf pro instance, and maybe about half our macs were joined via user invitation (user-initiated enrollment), every single one of them is showing the wrong user for enrollment. So say it's User1's machine, and I know they enrolled by an email invitation, I go into details on the device and it shows that User2's was the email invitation. If I check User2's, it says User3's was the invitation, and so on.

While I don't know for sure when it started, I do know it wasn't always doing this, at least at the end of 2023 I am sure it was showing correctly.

I don't think this is causing any issue, apart from confusion, local user accounts and all are showing up correctly, but is this something that other people are seeing?

2 REPLIES 2

BM-Degenkamp
New Contributor III

Yes, we had that as well. Still I am curious on how you send out the mail invites? From Jamf itself or using a separate mailing tool? As SMTP from Jamf is not working?

We haven't had any need to do email invitations in a while (since at least early 2023)--these email invitations we only use for devices not in Apple Business Manager, otherwise everything goes through the pre-stage enrollment, and all new devices we make sure are added to ABM.

When we did send the email invites we added smtp credentials into Jamf (Microsoft), and used jamf's portal to send out the invitation (so I could track who accepted quickly/easily).