Users Tab vs LDAP Conflicts

seanhansell
Contributor

I'm having multiple issues where the information on a user in the Users tab is conflicting with information in our LDAP environment, and I can't seem to get it to update. This is making issues with machine assignment and updates.

Example 1: One of our sub-companies changed names. All users have the same username, but a new email address. If I go into the computer record, perform an LDAP lookup on that username, and the information updates. However, when I click save on that computer record, the information from the Users tab, which is out of date, overwrites the changes.

Example 2: A user left the company. A new user with a similar name is hired, that gets the same username as the previous user. Again perform an LDAP lookup on that username, and the information updates correctly from LDAP. Click save, and the information is overwritten by what's in the Users tab.

How can I update the information without manually editing each problem user? We have 10,000+ users in our LDAP and over 3500 managed Macs, about 500 users have incorrect info that I cannot update.

- Sean
0 REPLIES 0