VPN & Device Management Restrictions

omejia
New Contributor II

Hi All!

We are experiencing problems with access to the "VPN & Device Management" menu.

We use an app called Zscaler that creates a VPN configuration to protect and filter all connections from each device (iPad).

Our high school student users are breaking our settings by removing the VPN profile so they can freely browse outside of the filtering.

We want to restrict the use of this menu to prevent users from being able to modify the security presets established for the use of educational devices.IMG_FE097EA7E731-1.jpegIMG_458CB0165327-1.jpegIMG_FE097EA7E731-1.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

kavila
New Contributor III

What happens if you enable this restriction in a configuration profile? 

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 9.00.26 AM.png

omejia
New Contributor II

Hi kavila, this restriction just works to create a new VPN configuration. not to restrict the already created.

kavila
New Contributor III

I know creating a restriction under app usage will hide the application from appearing in both the settings and on the iPad itself. I'm not sure if it will still allow you to still use it though, worth a shot testing. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 10.14.17 AM.png

omejia
New Contributor II

Hi kavila, this app I can't restrict cause is a filtering software to create a VPN to ensure safe navigation for the student users. I need this app working all the time also outside the school in any hotspot connected.

King_Marqy
New Contributor II

So not solved yet?

omejia
New Contributor II

Not solved yet! 

Did you ever solve this?

stantont
New Contributor

Not sure if this helps but I think I fixed our issue of Students being able to turn the VPN off. Maybe it will help in your situation. We use iBoss VPN and in our config profile I checked the option "Prohibit users from disabling on-demand VPN settings"iBoss Config Profile.png