VPP app going to App Store

amendoza7
New Contributor

I am trying to download Apple Remote Desktop from Self Service but running into an issue where it is opening the App Store and wanting me to pay the $79.99 for the app. Our school district owns 3 licenses to the program which have been uploaded to JAMF Pro under "Mac App Store Apps". I have scoped the app to my computer and it is appearing in my self service, but when I click on the install button, it launches the app store and shows the price.

3 REPLIES 3

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

Check in Jamf Pro web interface Computers/Mac App Store Apps, find the entry for Apple Remote desktop, and look at the licenses. It will tell you total purchased, In use and Remaining. If there are none remaining it will take you to the App Store to purchase another one.

jcarr
Release Candidate Programs Tester

If you have sufficient licenses available, the likely cause is that you haven't checked the token in the 'Managed Distribution' tab in the app catalog item.  If you don't provide the license via the token, the device to look to the user for a valid license.

The 'Managed Distribution' tab only says "Content not available to assign to computers". The VPP codes is showing our 3 licenses and 2 available. Capture.PNG