VPP Assignments - scoped to users?

david_yenzer
Contributor II

Maybe I'm having a brain fart here, or I just haven't figured out the logic, but we just purchased a few licenses of an App via VPP using the MDM method - we upgraded our JSS to v9.81 and forced the content into our JSS and are now trying to use VPP Assignments to distribute the app - via users? Why users? I was thinking it would be distributed to devices?

What am I missing? How do I get the app to this specific iPad in my hands? Do I need to reset it and login with a specific user that the app will be distributed to? What if that user has logged into multiple iPads?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Go to Mobile Devices > App select the app then the vpp tab and check the box. You don't need to do anything in the users tab. The device must be running iOS 9 as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Go to Mobile Devices > App select the app then the vpp tab and check the box. You don't need to do anything in the users tab. The device must be running iOS 9 as well.

david_yenzer
Contributor II

Great googly moogly! Thank you! That gets me back to regular scoping. Appreciate it!

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

NP. Now the fun of emailing all the developers who don't support device assignment yet.