Warranty Field Displays as "N/A" Despite Known Good Connection to GSX

toripaulman
New Contributor

Hello All,

I recently noticed that the warranty field for all my mac's displays as "N/A" and thought it was because Apple had deactivated my GSX service account. ARG! I got the account reinstated and have logged in successfully and tested successfully within the JSS GSX settings. Alas, my warrantly information still displays "N/A". I found one other thread on this that mentioned proxy settings as blocking the traffic but I've confirmed that there are no proxies in place on my JSS server. Any other thoughts? Is there another way I can test this traffic from my GSX server to see if it's being blocked?

Thanks in advance!

Tori Paulman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Did you tell the JSS to regather the information? I may be mistaken since I use this rarely, but I think you have to either kick that off manually or wait until all your Macs have submitted new inventory to the JSS. You may have waited a while and are still seeing the issue, but thought I'd ask.

You can try pulling up all Macs, or a subset of them, in your JSS under Inventory and at the bottom use the Take Action on Results menu to have it update GSX info. I'd suggest doing this in smallish groups to start with, In my experience, trying to do 1000s at once often results in utter failure, or locking up your JSS for a looong while, neither of which is desirable.

OTOH, it could very well be that GSX access is blocked on your network side, but since you mentioned you were able to test it from within the JSS GSX tab, I kind of doubt it. I'd think if you can access it there, it should work when collecting inventory. Then again, your JSS may have less restricted network access than your clients.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Did you tell the JSS to regather the information? I may be mistaken since I use this rarely, but I think you have to either kick that off manually or wait until all your Macs have submitted new inventory to the JSS. You may have waited a while and are still seeing the issue, but thought I'd ask.

You can try pulling up all Macs, or a subset of them, in your JSS under Inventory and at the bottom use the Take Action on Results menu to have it update GSX info. I'd suggest doing this in smallish groups to start with, In my experience, trying to do 1000s at once often results in utter failure, or locking up your JSS for a looong while, neither of which is desirable.

OTOH, it could very well be that GSX access is blocked on your network side, but since you mentioned you were able to test it from within the JSS GSX tab, I kind of doubt it. I'd think if you can access it there, it should work when collecting inventory. Then again, your JSS may have less restricted network access than your clients.