When modifying existing mobile device profile a second profile is created automatically?

RyanPringnitz
New Contributor

Hello,

I am joining an environment that is using JSS ver 8.61 to administer iPad's. There is a mobile device profile already in use with a few settings configured in it. When attempting to save a modification in the current profiles settings (e.g. change age restrictions on Appstore purchases from age 12 to age 4), JSS automatically creates a second profile with a new generic name.

This profile has none of my old configuration settings loaded in it, and the scope of the profile is blank as well.

My questions are;

1) When modifying an existing profile in JSS, is it possible to just update the current profile that is in use?

2) If that is not possible, what is the proper way to modify a profile for a group of users? Would it be to just create another identical profile with the additional modifications that I want, delete the old profile, and then assign the new profile to the scope of users that I want to roll it out to?

I thought I could simply just change the age restriction on the current profile and save that modification but this is one of my first times working with JSS and I could use some assistance.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0