Where does the "proxies" payload actually set the proxies?

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

I setup a test config profile with the Proxies payload for our HTTP/HTTPS proxy. When installed, we get prompted to go to System Preferences to enter our credentials like normal, but when we go to a specific network interface like WiFi > Advanced > Proxies there's nothing actually under HTTP/HTTPS proxies. We removed the profile, but the proxies seem to be persisting, so I want to clear them out.

5 REPLIES 5

LStiefermann
New Contributor

Have u found a solution to this ? We have been facing the same issue and could not find a solution to this problem. The only we way me made Proxies work is, through some manual script-binding the proxy url to all active interfaces... 

I had a script I use and runs once a day but was hoping for a profile that I could enforce it with but if I need to remove the profile for troubleshooting there's no way to remove the proxy settings it seems like. Below is the essential part of the script I run. You can set any of the networksetup options you need.

#!/bin/sh

networksetup -listallnetworkservices | tail -n +2 |
while read CURRENT_SERVICE
do
    /usr/sbin/networksetup -setautoproxyurl "${CURRENT_SERVICE}" http://proxy.domain.com:9119/
done

timbyler1890
New Contributor III

We have had good success using Network Proxy configuration Profile. I would suggest using Profile Creator or the iMazing Profile Editor to create the profile. 

Then deploy the profile through your MDM.

That's what I did, but there doesn't appear to be a way to remove the proxy settings if you remove the profile.

That is interesting. In our experience, when we remove the profile from the device, the proxy setting no longer apply. 

Is there anything else that might be enforcing the proxy settings?