windows defender 365 no licence found

florentH
New Contributor

We are currently in the process of changing our antivirus software and deploying defender 365 on every mac in the office.
The problem is that randomly on some macs there is a message that says: no licence found

If anyone knows the solution or has experienced this type of problem.

5 REPLIES 5

kevin_v
Contributor

Are you scoping the config profile(s) for Defender based on if the app is installed? If so, that may be why. Run a recon and see if they magically resolve themselves.

If Defender is your default endpoint security solution, consider scoping the profiles to your entire fleet (as opposed to those that have Defender installed)

Yes i scoping the config profile for defender for all computers, i think i find the problem. It's because the config profile are not installed on some macs but when i try to install manually by download the config profile on a mac, i have this error too.

"The profile must originate from a user approved MDM server"

2023-01-19_15h59_35.png

Yes, that is the issue. I would upload the profile to Jamf, which will sign it, and deploy it when scoped.

I'd walk through #1 and #2 again here:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/mac-jamfpro-policies?sour...

Same problemMicrosoftTeams-image(1).png

And when i look at jamf i have this, on a testing computer with no config profile install. I try your solution but it is the same thing.
"The current system configuration does not allow the requested operation"

I don't know why the configuration profile does not want to install.

2023-01-24_11h58_21.png