Windows deployment

Bukira
Contributor

To those who have done a windows deployment with Casper

1. When you guys created your NTFS image what size partition did you create it on ?

2. When you deployed the image what size partition did you deploy it on ?

3. Did any of you create the partition on a larger partition size than you later deployed to?

1 REPLY 1

Bukira
Contributor

the same size or large than the one you created it on.

For example if you created your image on a 32GB partition you can only later deploy to a 32GB of larger partition even thou you may only have used 10GB of the space.

My image size is 9.8GB but i created it on a 150GB partition, but i want to deploy this image to a 32GB size partition and it say the "output device is too small"

anyone else had this?

Criss
Criss Myers
Senior Customer Support Analyst (Mac Services)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator v10.5
LIS Business Support Team
Library 301
University of Central Lancashire
Preston PR1 2HE
Ex 5054
01772 895054

--=Part2008A87A.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Description: HTML

<html> <head> <style type"text/css"> <!-- body { margin-left: 4px; margin-top: 4px; font-variant: normal; margin-right: 4px; line-height: normal; margin-bottom: 1px } p { margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0 } --> </style>

</head> <body> <p style"margin-bottom: 0; margin-top: 0"> <font face"Lucida Grande" size"3">To those who have done a windows deployment with Casper</font> </p>
<br> <p style"margin-bottom: 0; margin-top: 0"> <font face"Lucida Grande" size"3">1. When you guys created your NTFS image what size partition did you create it on &#63;</font> </p>
<br> <p style"margin-bottom: 0; margin-top: 0"> <font face"Lucida Grande" size"3">2. When you deployed the image what size partition did you deploy it on &#63;</font> </p>
<br> <p style"margin-bottom: 0; margin-top: 0"> <font face"Lucida Grande" size"3">3. Did any of you create the partition on a larger partition size than you later deployed to&#63;</font> </p>
<br> <br> <p style"margin-bottom: 0; margin-top: 0"> <font face"Lucida Grande" size"3">From my investigation you can only deploy the image to a partition that is the same size or large than the one you created it on.</font> </p>
<br> <p style"margin-bottom: 0; margin-top: 0"> <font face"Lucida Grande" size"3">For example if you created your image on a 32GB partition you can only later deploy to a 32GB of larger partition even thou you may only have used 10GB of the space.</font> </p>
<br> <p style"margin-bottom: 0; margin-top: 0"> <font face"Lucida Grande" size"3">My image size is 9.8GB but i created it on a 150GB partition&#44; but i want to deploy this image to a 32GB size partition and it say the &quot;output device is too small&quot;</
font> </p>
<br> <p style"margin-bottom: 0; margin-top: 0"> <font face"Lucida Grande" size"3">anyone else had this&#63;</fo
nt> </p>
<br> <p style"margin-bottom: 0; margin-top: 0"> <font face"Lucida Grande" size"3">Criss</font> </p> <br>Criss&nbsp;Myers&#13;<BR>Senior&nbsp;Customer&nbsp;Support&nbsp;Analy
st&nbsp;(Mac&nbsp;Services)&#13;<BR>Apple&nbsp;Certified&nbsp;Technical&nbs
p;Coordinator&nbsp;v10.5&#13;<BR>LIS&nbsp;Business&nbsp;Support&nbsp;Team&#
13;<BR>Library&nbsp;301&#13;<BR>University&nbsp;of&nbsp;Central&nbsp;Lancas
hire&#13;<BR>Preston&nbsp;PR1&nbsp;2HE&#13;<BR>Ex&nbsp;5054&#13;<BR>01772&n
bsp;895054<br><br></body>
</html>

--=Part2008A87A.0=--