Zoom Update failed to install

emptypony61
New Contributor III

I am trying to troubleshoot why Zoom 5.8.3 installed fine but 5.8.4 is failing every time. I am pushing it out through Self-Service and it fails every time. I install it manually and it works fine but installing from Self-Service fails. I have tried both the Zoom.pkg and ZoomInstallerIT.pkg both seem to be failing to install from Self-Service.

Anyone got any advice? 

7 REPLIES 7

falbrecht
New Contributor III

You have to be careful with the ZoomInstallerIT. I made the mistake of assuming that it is a universal installer but that is not the case. It is a highly configurable installer that can mess with the Zoom configuration on local devices. I would try uninstalling Zoom completely from a macbook and then try reinstalling 5.8.4 through self service. 

What is the error message you get when the install fails?

I swapped out the Zoom installer for a script that @GreatKeno wrote and it seems to be working fine.

ChaseEndy
New Contributor III

If you go open MacintoshHD hit “command+shift+period” Then go to var<Logs<Install.log i believe is the path. You can read why it’s failing in there. You can post a screenshot of the error if you’d like more assistance.

I think its fixed. I switched from a pkg to a script and rebuilt my Config profile for scratch. 

@emptypony61 in that case you are allowing zoom download from all mac endpoint right. Then how you are managing zoom app update from your end via Jamf. I am managing via policy with no issue but still struggling with schema: https://github.com/talkingmoose/jamf-manifests/blob/master/Zoom%20(us.zoom.config).json trying to figure out this.