Problem installing apps

raba341
New Contributor II

Hello!

I registered 11 new iPads with JamfSchool.

After that I wanted to install 8 apps. 5 of the 8 apps installed without any problems.

But for "Stop Motion", "Book Creatoer" and "IMovie" I got the message:
"This app is not yet in scope for this device, please wait for the update to finish".

Which update should I wait for and what happens now?

Its iOS 16.1.1

Best Regards,

Ralph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

The message "This app is not yet in scope for this device, please wait for the update to finish" means that the app is not yet available for the devices you are trying to install it on, based on the app assignment settings in Jamf School.

There could be several reasons for this message. One possible reason is that the app is still being downloaded or updated in the background on the devices. In this case, you may need to wait for the update to finish before the app can be installed.

Another possible reason is that the app assignment settings in Jamf School are not correctly configured for the devices. For example, if the app is only assigned to certain device groups or user groups, then it may not be available for all devices. You may need to review your app assignment settings in Jamf School and make sure that the apps are assigned to the correct device groups or user groups that include the devices you are trying to install the apps on.

It's also possible that the apps are not yet compatible with iOS 16.1.1, in which case you may need to wait for the app developers to update the apps to be compatible with the latest version of iOS.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sayr01
Contributor

Hi, 

I suggest you update the iPads to the latest version and then try again.

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

The message "This app is not yet in scope for this device, please wait for the update to finish" means that the app is not yet available for the devices you are trying to install it on, based on the app assignment settings in Jamf School.

There could be several reasons for this message. One possible reason is that the app is still being downloaded or updated in the background on the devices. In this case, you may need to wait for the update to finish before the app can be installed.

Another possible reason is that the app assignment settings in Jamf School are not correctly configured for the devices. For example, if the app is only assigned to certain device groups or user groups, then it may not be available for all devices. You may need to review your app assignment settings in Jamf School and make sure that the apps are assigned to the correct device groups or user groups that include the devices you are trying to install the apps on.

It's also possible that the apps are not yet compatible with iOS 16.1.1, in which case you may need to wait for the app developers to update the apps to be compatible with the latest version of iOS.

raba34
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

thank you for the detailed explanation. In the meantime the problem is solved. The apps are installed. I had unfortunately only forgotten to insert an update here.

I do not remember exactly how I did it. I think I uninstalled and reinstalled and did a reset.

I find it extremely positive how one is helped in this forum.

Best regards,

Ralph

AnniZub
New Contributor

Hey there Ralph!

Do you happen to remember what you've exactly done? I'm encountering the same problem while helping a customer of ours and I can't seem to find the right solution..

Thanks in advance!
Annika

raba34
New Contributor II

Hi Annika,

as I have already written: suddenly the installation worked.

In any case, it can not have been due to a lack of update for the iPad, because the majority of them are still on 16.1.1.

Remember the reset.

Best Regards,

Ralph