Markforged is looking for a Tier II Help Desk Technician focused on internal tools training to join our Technology Operations team. The goal of the Technology Operations team is to provide effective technologies and quality services that seamlessly integrate into the daily workflows of Markforged employees to enhance productivity, safeguard information, and scale in a cost-effective manner. We do this by listening to the needs of employees and maximizing the potential of the tools we offer. You will report to the Global Help Desk Manager and will work alongside all aspects of Markforged.
As a Help Desk Technician, you will be a strong and independent team member that is passionate about solving big problems with simple solutions, driving perfection, and building a great company. You have demonstrable experience in building scalable IT infrastructure while maintaining a high level of technology support. You are a creative thinker, problem solver, and learner. In this role, you will have a superb opportunity to implement and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative technologies.
What will you own?
- Provide “at the elbow” support as well as remote help desk support for employees. This includes setting up new workstations & user accounts, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance.
- Onboard new hires, including provisioning of computers, accounts, and peripherals
- Assist with automating common processes
- Solve problems and support solutions related to macOS, Windows, Linux, mobile devices, office printers, A/V and video conferencing systems
- Maintain an updated knowledge base
- Record problem and resolution details in ticketing system
- Collaborate with the rest of the Tech Ops team to provide a reliable help model
Important Note: Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of knowledge acquired through experience, other qualifications and training/development
- 4+ year of experience supporting IT services, including configuration, patching, and diagnosis of macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Skilled communicator with a focus on customer service to resolve issues effectively
- Ability to tailor support for all members of the organization
- Experience supporting enterprise software
- Problem solver who knows how to effectively utilize resources
- Highly organized and precise, with great attention to detail
- Ability to provide concise documentation within a ticketing system
- Experience with office hardware such as printers, video conferencing, and A/V systems
- Ability to work weekend and off-hours on occasion
- Ability and strong desire to work autonomously while achieving result
- Flexibility to handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-moving environment
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
For all US-based roles, we offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees [who are required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically] to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.