Company: When I Work
Location: Remote US/Canada (org is Minneapolis-based)
IT Systems Administrator managing zero-touch Apple device deployment and SaaS platforms at a cloud-centric, remote-first tech startup.
As an IT Systems Administrator, your primary responsibility will be maintenance and management of When I Work’s cloud-centric internal IT infrastructure, ensuring that employees are able to work securely, effectively, and efficiently. You will report to the IT manager and work closely with your IT peers to respond to support requests, manage deployment processes, and continuously find opportunities for service improvements. You will manage a 100% MacOS fleet of devices across the US & Canada, operating in a zero-touch, zero-trust model.
In this role you will:
Experience and Skills Needed
- Minimum of 5 years real-world Network/Systems Admin experience.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills. - Ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Experience in engineering and administration of macOS systems.
- Strong knowledge of MDM protocol, configuration profiles, and policy management.
- Good working JAMF knowledge and experience.
- Experience deploying Apple hardware using DEP/ADE and MDM platforms (Jamf, Munki, SimpleMDM, Fleetsmith, etc.)
- Working knowledge of command line tools and common scripting languages (shell scripting, python)
- Experience creating configuration profiles and scripts for system deployment.
- Experience deploying and managing diverse SaaS platforms.
- Experience with Google Workspace (formerly G-Suite) products and management.
- Familiarity with configuring SAML SSO integrations.
What Would Be Awesome To Have
Who We Are
We help hourly teams get shift done.
At When I Work, everything we do starts with a mission to help hourly teams work better together. We deliver on that mission by making every piece of hourly workforce management - scheduling, time tracking, shift trading, team messaging, and more - easy and straightforward for managers and employees alike.
The When I Work IT team is a small but experienced group with the targeted task of helping our colleagues succeed. We run a cutting-edge startup IT stack - Google G-Suite, Zoom, Slack, Atlassian, JAMF, Meraki, Okta, and Mac laptops. When you join this team, you will be joining a group of people who are resourceful, curious, dependable, and highly effective at getting Shift Done. You will have the unique opportunity to work independently coupled with the peace of mind that this close-knit team is always available for support.
What’s In It For You
We believe actions speak louder than words. Every encounter with our people and products should be memorable and helpful. Challenges are exciting, failure is how we learn, and we all have an entrepreneurial spirit. Building an inclusive and equitable workplace isn’t lip service. We invest our time and our money in organizations that are not only working to diversify the current jobscape, but also investing in the future of talent. We’re motivated by a strong, innovative, and passionate work culture and we’re constantly searching for ways to improve and get shift done.
Whether you’re a perfect match or not, if it sounds like a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
The tech industry is notorious for its lack of diverse representation, and we're aware of the research showing that historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job if they don't believe that they meet all of the criteria. Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture here at When I Work.
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.