Feature Requests

CalleyO
Contributor III

Looking to create a feature request? Go to the feature request portal. There you can submit a new request, review any existing feature requests, vote, or comment. 

Here are a few helpful tips about feature requests.

• The Jamf Product team and other supporting teams will update these with comments or statuses in the platform.
  • Our process to review and provide feedback is streamlined, as we use capabilities to group, merge, and tag feature requests.

• Our SLA for initial feedback on new feature requests is 30 days. 

• Add categories to help group feature requests. We may continue to add fields as needed to help capture your great ideas and feature requests. 

We look forward to hearing what you think and any feedback that you may have on our products or the feature request process!

32 REPLIES 32

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

I tried logging in with my Jamf ID but got an error that I was unauthorized. Help?

Edit: Nevermind. Got in. To get in, I had to log into the Jamf Nation site first and then I was able to log into ideas.jamf.com. Took a few tries but it eventually worked.

amazing

wmehilos
Contributor

Why is ideas.jamf.com like a one line bullet point in this post instead of just a link at the top of the page in the banner?

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@CalleyOSince Feature Requests now are going to be reviewed within 30 days after being submitted, what happens to all the old feature requests? Do we need to re-submit those to get someone to review them or is that something that is currently under way on Jamf's end?

I agree with bpavlov.  Why not create a link or button on the main Jamf Nation page?

CalleyO
Contributor III

Thank you for the question and the feedback you've provided so far, @bpavlov. The product teams are in the process of reviewing all old feature requests in addition to new feature requests that have been submitted since the move to our new feature request portal. There is no need to resubmit any old feature requests.

ega
Contributor III

@CalleyO Is there a link to the definition of the status badges.  Some are obvious like Not Planned but it would be helpful to understand what Jamf sees each as being and to keep a link in the header or footer for reference by new folks (or veterans that have forgotten).  Like does "Submitted" mean the request is in the 30 day period allowed for review or just waiting to go into that period ?  Does "Planned" mean for the next release or in the next year or what?  What doe "Reviewed" even mean...  someone looked at it but did not know what to do with it?  Ideally, all feature requests would be either Implemented, Planned, or Not Planned ( maybe Under Consideration if we knew how long the "consideration" process would take).  I hope that we can see some clear definition of these that are helpful as we move to new user interface for viewing them.

ega
Contributor III

@CalleyO I see that some feature requests are marked as duplicate but there is no reference to which request it is a duplicate of.  Can we get a link or at least a title we can search out to find the originating request?  That way we can vote it up or at least make sure our votes for the duplicate have added weight to the original.  Thanks!

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@egaI submitted a feature request for that: https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-25181

ega
Contributor III

Just voted it up!  Thanks!

ega
Contributor III

@CalleyO  One of the requests I have been interested in and following for awhile "Facilitate uploads to cloud distribution point via API or other non-manual method" was marked as Planned in the old system (read the comments brought forward) but is now in the nebulous "Reviewed" state.  Was this re-evaluated ?  Was it "un-planned" with no reason given? Some transparency would be appreciated.  Thanks!

CalleyO
Contributor III

Hi, @ega Thanks for reaching out! Our teams are working hard to ensure that updates are provided on the feature request tickets. If you have follow-up questions or comments about your feature request or another feature request that has been submitted, it is best to use the comment feature directly on the ticket. This makes it easier for our teams to connect with you regarding the details of the request. I hope this information helps!   

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 3.37.53 PM.png

ega
Contributor III

@CalleyO   Thanks for the direction I have added the comment directly to the ticket. Tho given the current status of Reviewed I am not sure if anyone will look at it again.  I would not want to have to wait another 3 years for feed back.

New Contributor II

Thanks

yfridman
New Contributor II

Need a link on the front page for Support to open tickets.  Now it takes too long to find it.

Thank you for this feedback @yfridman

yfridman
New Contributor II

what happened to the link you guys created.  i can't find any links for opening tickets anymore.  is this no longer available?

Jamf has moved to a new Support backend, based on Service Now. 

With this move, the Support part is no longer integrated in account.jamf.com and looking there, there is no link to it any more. Jamf might add a link in the "Jamf Spaces" section there, at least that could make sense...

For the moment, you might want to look at support.jamf.com which redirects to https://jamf.service-now.com/csm

Everything is evolving these days ...

Screenshot 795.png

@Andreas_Schenk In Jamf Account, you can get to the Support Portal by clicking on the Get Help icon and selecting the Go to Support Portal hyperlink. 

RLR
Valued Contributor
  • Our SLA for providing initial feedback on new feature requests will be 30 days. 

Where does this feedback live? Do you reply to the feature request itself? I've checked a couple of feature requests and don't see any feedback on them from Jamf.

CalleyO
Contributor III

Great questions, @RLR! As Jamf reviews the ticket, the status will change to indicate that it has been reviewed. At times they will leave a comment with more information. You may also want to subscribe to the feature request to get an update when these changes happen. Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

zortmanc
New Contributor II

The ability to toggle off Limit Ip Address Tracking in an SSID - similar to Private Wifi Address toggle within an SSID

If you would like to submit a feature request, go to https://ideas.jamf.com/ 

Andreas_Schenk
Contributor
Contributor

Looking at all the Ideas at ideas.jamf.com and how many of them have been reviewed at all, how many have been implemented and how many have been given feedback, I am feeling sad.

The post above said:

• Our SLA for providing initial feedback on new feature requests will be 30 days. 

So I thought we could bump this here, then I realized, it was the focus for 2021. It might have fell short a bit in 2021, but now its 2022 and it looks like Jamf is back to the way it was before...

I would say, the feature requests could very likely see more love. They seem a bit lost in time & space.

zortmanc
New Contributor II

I really need this control for our student ipads - The ability to toggle off Limit Ip Address Tracking in an SSID - similar to Private Wifi Address toggle within an SSID

Hi @zortmanc - if you want to suggest a new functionality, then this thread is not the right place.

This thread is about how the feature requests are being handled and where the portal has moved.

You need to go and visit:

https://ideas.jamf.com/

I actually went there first :) I also thought i would post here as well to see if I got any feedback regarding the request or the need for the request.  Thanks to all!!

yfridman
New Contributor II

Change the title Feature Requests to About Feature Requests or something similar. this is confusing and a lot of people think so.

That's a great suggestion! Especially now since we have the Feature Request option added to the drop-down menu.

User8349873141
New Contributor

Jamf Pro App Installer for on-prem installations to update apps. The preview worked great in 10.37. Then updated Jamf Pro and lost access to it. Is this ever going to be available for on-prem users as it was extremely helpful. Manually package each update to push is very time consuming.

giles_howland
New Contributor II

Sites feature request - I would like to see the ability to control scripts & Extension attributes to specific sites or global.  This would allow for better decentralisation options and empower site administrators to create and manage "Site Only" Extension attributes and Scripts.

Hi Giles, you need to look at

ideas.jamf.com

this thread here is only jamf announcing that feature requests moved over there.

Your posting here is not taken care of as its in the wrong place.