Apple Studio Display Firmware results in no Jamf Connect on reboot

scrjeff
New Contributor II

Although it is common for Major OS upgrades to disable the Jamf Connect login window, I've noticed that when installing the Apple Studio Display software update, on reboot the Jamf Connect login window is missing.  Is this a bug in its update logic for OS updates, where it still thinks one is happening and stays disabled? 

I've noticed that authchanger will not restore the screen, but if I let the machine sit long enough, it seems to recover. Again, making me suspicious this is something to do with it's OS update/temp disable logic.

I'm seen this on OS 12 and 13, and currently Ventura 13.3.1 with Jamf Connect 2.23.

Is there a log I should be looking at to see what Jamf Connect thinks is going on?

3 REPLIES 3

scrjeff
New Contributor II

Additional testing:

The problem with Jamf Connect not restoring only occurs when the firmware is done on its own. 
If installed with a minor update, say the upgrade to 13.4, Jamf Connect login window restores as it should.

While restarting (even multiple times) in this situation does nothing to restore the Jamf Connect login window, a shutdown of the system and cold boot does result in the Jamf Connect screen restoring itself. Once a single cold boot is done, the Connect screen continues to work as it should. 

_gsm
New Contributor III

I just came across this issue myself on machines running 13.5.1. Did you find a resolution?

xtjx
New Contributor

Same behaviour after installing the Apple Studio Display Update v16.4 on macOS 13.5.1. Following a cold boot, the Jamf Connect Login window appeared, but after a restart it has vanished once again.