Create MDM-Anabled users with Jamf Connect

MoSchulz
New Contributor

Hi there,

I dreamed up a way to create MDM-enabled users while at the same time using Jamf Connect and I am running in an annoying problem and I seem to not be an expert enough in Azure to fix it... if it is even possible...

So I added an ENrollment Customisation Configuration to the PreStage requiring authentication with the Azure Account. That leads to the Mac being associated with the Azure user in Jamf Pro. 

I then have the PreStage pre-fill the primary account information using variables. Unfortunately I seem to only be able to pre-fill $FULLNAME or $EMAIL and both contain characters that macOS really does not like as a username. (either a space or @). 

So my question is: Is there a way for me to get only the part of the UserPrincipalName / E-Mail in front of the @ out of azure, through Jamf Pro and into that Account Name field?

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-07 um 11.41.16.png

My plan continues with Authentication to Azure in the Jamf Connect Login Window and then connecting to the just created local account. That will downgrade the account to a standard user but maintain it a a MDM-enabled user.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Keith_L
New Contributor III

Hi,

Have you tried "$USERNAME"?

MoSchulz
New Contributor

Hi Keith,

yes I have. The issue was more related to me using an SSO Enrollment Customization and that will only fill in the username from Azure and nothing else.

I am now using the login at Jamf Pro an am mapping $USERNAME to the azure attribute user.mailnickname and that works as intended.

beek
New Contributor

Hi MoSchulz we also have Jamf Connect with Azure but can't seem to get a MDM Capable Users. Our Azure attribute user.mailnickname is filled with the username. So we tried the $USERNAME at the Jamf pre stage but it doesn't seem to work.