Custom menubar icon for Jamf Connect

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to setup a Custom Menubar Icon for Jamf Connect by following the instructions here:

https://learn.jamf.com/bundle/jamf-connect-documentation-current/page/Menu_Bar_App_Preferences.html

I created a 16x16 png file and saved it as /user/local/icon.png Then I added these lines to the Profile, 

<key>MenubarIcon</key
<string>/usr/local/icon.png</string>

I quit Jamf Connect and when it relaunches, I just get a white square where the icon should be. The details of the image are not there. So it is trying to display it, but it just can't parse the file? When I click on About Jamf Connect, it also displays a small white square where the icon should be. I made sure the file had 755 permissions on it.  Is there a particular DPI or color pallet I need to set on the image? Is there something I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mikevandelinder
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @AVmcclint - the system will interpret the image file like a mask, so you may want to check that your image background is set to be transparent versus a solid color. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikevandelinder
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @AVmcclint - the system will interpret the image file like a mask, so you may want to check that your image background is set to be transparent versus a solid color. 

Thanks! That worked. It would be nice if Jamf's documentation was more descriptive.