jamf connect 2.10.0

rkeleghan
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Anyone else see the issues where installing / upgrading to JAMF connect 2.10.0 .. they are meeting with a keychain error message ...

The app seems to be installing or running as root after you install and upgrade to from version 2.9.0 or lower .. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

lawinski
New Contributor III

I have a ticket open for this. You can reference it if you want: CS0798685.

Only workaround: Make use of the launchagent (disables auto open through the pkg).

Also you could just restart the app which fixes the issue.

rkeleghan
New Contributor III

@lawinski Thanks for coming back..

Can you give more details on the launchagent piece?

With regards the restating of app - just a script to run after to restart the app?

rk

lawinski
New Contributor III

Hey @rkeleghan,

inside the Jamf Connect dmg that you can download from your account there is a LaunchAgent.pkg file in the "Resources" folder. This installs a user daemon that keeps the app open (from user context).

When you restart the app it has to be done in user context (Best user restarts it himself). Programatically I am not sure if it is possible. You could try:
launchctl asuser $(id -u "$(/usr/sbin/scutil <<<"show State:/Users/ConsoleUser" | /usr/bin/awk -F': ' '/[[:space:]]+Name[[:space:]]:/ { print $2 }')") /usr/bin/open "/Applications/Jamf Connect.app"

However asuser is deprecated.

lawinski
New Contributor III

Hey @rkeleghan,

I just had a chat with their support. There is an internal PI for that already.

We should see this fixed at some point. Just giving you the update. Unfortunately I forgot to copy the PI number.