JAMF Connect + Notify sleep setting

ngloudemans
New Contributor II

Hello all,

I have gotten Notify and connect to work with my deployments. However user's screen are turning off when Notify is running. 

1. Is the computer sleeping or is the screen just turning off?

2. If it is sleeping I want to make config profile to turn off sleep that will push initially, but removed via smartgroup after Notify has finished. What would you suggest for the smartgroup criteria?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cory_barnett
New Contributor

We have had this issue as well. We added caffeinate to the notify script to keep the computer from going to sleep during notify.

/usr/bin/caffeinate -discu -t 3600&

This will keep the computer from going to sleep for an hour. The 3600 is in seconds so you can adjust if you don't want it to be for an hour or want it longer. The & tells it to run in the background which if you don't do that it will break the notify script.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

cory_barnett
New Contributor

We have had this issue as well. We added caffeinate to the notify script to keep the computer from going to sleep during notify.

/usr/bin/caffeinate -discu -t 3600&

This will keep the computer from going to sleep for an hour. The 3600 is in seconds so you can adjust if you don't want it to be for an hour or want it longer. The & tells it to run in the background which if you don't do that it will break the notify script.

This is perfect!

Thanks @cory_barnett !  However i am getting errors and had to remove the "c" argument from your command and adjusted it to the following.

/usr/bin/caffeinate -disu -t 3600&