JAMF Connect Verify/Azure + Syncing Local Password

bchehreh
New Contributor II

Hi all,

We are starting to test in dev using the JAMF Connect suite of apps in respects to our Azure backend. My fear from my initial experience is that what I'm about to ask is not possible and is the design of the application/macOS, but hoping not the case....

So with JAMF Connect Verify, is there any way to auto-force the sync of the Azure creds on the sync interval down to the local machine without the need for the user having to input their local password? It seems like the only way to sync the Azure and local keychain require user intervention and knowing their existing local password.

I'm thinking of one scenario amongst possibly others in which we have to remotely reset a password for a user from Azure if they forget their current password or if they have a security incident requiring us to set a new Azure account password.

Wanted as seamless as an experience in lieu of having to do a workaround using FileVault key or anything like that, allowing more of an automated process with most minimal steps. So any best practices or workflows with any more experienced users of this app/Azure would be greatly appreciated as we inch towards a hopeful zero touch strategy.

2 REPLIES 2

morsepacific
New Contributor III

I don't believe there's a way to do this currently, but that would be great.

brandon_-_autob
New Contributor III

Anyway around this? Currently in same boat...