Okta Two Factor Login on Macs With Jamf Connect

MrBombadil
New Contributor III

I recently setup JC/Okta and have been testing this setup in a Jamf sandbox environment.  When test users login to their Macs we are seeing the Okta login screen, which we can use for successful authentication,  but its not allowing us to use any type of two factor authentication for Okta. 

We typically use Okta Verify app for two factor and I have configured Jamf Connect in Okta via Admin>Authentication Policies>"Any Two Factors".

Am I missing something here?

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 12.35.27 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-02 at 12.34.59 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MrBombadil
New Contributor III

I ended up figuring it out and listing the fix here for others if they are having issues getting two factor to populate when users login to their Macs using Okta/JC.

The fix was to setup a Global Session Policy in OktaScreenshot 2023-06-07 at 9.46.56 AM.png.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MrBombadil
New Contributor III

I ended up figuring it out and listing the fix here for others if they are having issues getting two factor to populate when users login to their Macs using Okta/JC.

The fix was to setup a Global Session Policy in OktaScreenshot 2023-06-07 at 9.46.56 AM.png.