Reset Local Account Password while connect with JAMF Connect

nicho2312
New Contributor

Hey Guys,

One of my users recently changed his password on JAMF Connect. We are currently syncing all our passwords with Azure AAD. No issues with resetting it with Azure but when prompted to change his password for the local user (to match with his AAD) he unfortunately forgot the password. The user now is logged out from his device.

Is there a way to reset the Local Password for the user from an Admin perspective? so that it can match with the AAD one?

Or if we can simply remove the disk encryption (FileVault) in order to recover some data folders from the user profile?

Thank You

5 REPLIES 5

YanW
Contributor III

"Or if we can simply remove the disk encryption (FileVault) in order to recover some data folders from the user profile?" 

No, if it has FileVault enabled, you can find the Recovery Key under Disk Encryption in Jamf. Then, boot into Recovery Mode and put the key in to reset password.

nicho2312
New Contributor

Thank You @YanW, forgot to mention it, the user profile is not present once I boot into Recovery Mode, and I can't enter the Recovery Key nowhere... unless I'm missing something...

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

There should be a link at that password screen "Forgot All Passwords?" and that will take you to the screen to enter the recovery key. 

Thank You @Tribruin , that would change it even if the Account is not coming out in the recovery mode? Thank You Again

Rappange
New Contributor

And if you enter the Recovery mode and from there open terminal and use resetpassword.
Than it should show the local accounts on the machine.