Wifi access blocked and user not able to login with Jamf connect

security
New Contributor

User working from wework and they have a wifi authentication with username and password. Jamf connect blocking wifi access and therefore user is not able to sign in to the device. As an admin I cannot push any command remotely such as to remove the Jamf profile. What options do we have? How can I get the local account credentials for local account login?

3 REPLIES 3

Levi_
Contributor II

Hey Security,

Do you have the Local Login option available for users when they don't have an active internet connection? It will be right under the login screen. If you don't have the local login enabled you may need to get them physically connected to a network. 

security
New Contributor

Yes, they have a local account option enabled. However, it is not accepting the password for their local account or may be they don't remember the local account password. Is there a way that I can reset their local account password through jamf?

Hey Security,

If the Mac(s) in question are FV2 enabled you can pass them the personal recovery key and boot into recovery :). Once in recovery, you can see the local accounts on the Mac and reset the password for whatever account. Do you know if the user has a Dock with an ethernet port? You can ask them to physically connect to their router to get an active internet connection to communicate with the Jamf Pro server.