User Enrollment - Assign to user

VL
New Contributor III

When initiating a user enrollment it prompts for the device to Assign to user. Though I have created a number of users under Settings > User account and groups entering the username, full name or email address of any of the users is never accepted, and selecting the search option, i.e. the magnifying glass, the resulting drop-down list has no users. What value is meant to be entered in response to this prompt?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

If I remember correctly, it does an LDAP lookup with this box and does not actually check JAMFs records. The device should be assigned to whoever logged in to the enrollment URL if you skip the assign to user step.

View solution in original post

markdmatthews
Contributor

IF not integrated with Cloud Identity or LDAP it would need to be a local user (to Jamf)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

If I remember correctly, it does an LDAP lookup with this box and does not actually check JAMFs records. The device should be assigned to whoever logged in to the enrollment URL if you skip the assign to user step.

markdmatthews
Contributor

IF not integrated with Cloud Identity or LDAP it would need to be a local user (to Jamf)

VL
New Contributor III

Thanks for the feedback @AJPinto and @markdmatthews.

I believe, given the comments and my experience the user must be available via LDAP or Cloud Identity, as opposed to a local Jamf Pro user, neither of which is available at the moment given we currently only have Google Workspace Business Starter subscription. LDAP only being available in a Business Plus subscription of Google Workspace.

Thanks again for the help.