10.11.4 - User folders not creating when logging in as AD user

jamest
New Contributor

10.11.4 - User folders not creating when logging in as AD user. The iMAc has been binded. When I login as any AD users I seem to get library, keychain errors, and the user folder is not creating.

It also seems that when I make for instance as change to the mouse to right click the setting does not stick. This has happened on 2 iMAcs so far.

Any Ideas is helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

When you bound the iMac to AD, did you enable the "Create mobile account at login" option? Turning that on fixed the problem for my AD bound machines.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rqomsiya
Contributor III

Are these newly imaged machines? Or do you have any .DMG's created with FEU/FUT in composer? This can cause numerous issues.

jamest
New Contributor

I do have a policy or 2 that has FUTFEU filled-in in the policy. They are machines that have had their HD erased and OS Reinstalled. We use DEP for the initial configuration.

rqomsiya
Contributor III

Try removing any policies that use FEU/FUT during imaging and see if that fixes your issue.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

When you bound the iMac to AD, did you enable the "Create mobile account at login" option? Turning that on fixed the problem for my AD bound machines.

rqomsiya
Contributor III

Yep! Need to ensure that is checked to create a mobile account.

jamest
New Contributor

Thank you. Checking the create mobile account setting fixed the issue. Who would've thought that would cause so big of an issue