10.11.5 released

bpavlov
Honored Contributor
10 REPLIES 10

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

along with iTunes 12.4, Safari 9.1.1, and Security Update 2016-003 for 10.9, 10.10 and 10.11.

JPDyson
Valued Contributor

Has anyone confirmed whether this integrates the 2016 MacBooks? Post if you beat me to it, I'll try shortly.

colosussbaine
New Contributor

Will this break the MDM profile like 10.11.4 did?

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Erm 10.11.4 didn't break MDM for us... Looks fine on 10.11.5 (JSS 9.81) as well.

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

so far profiles install. Policies are not applied to 10.11.5 clients. Currently on 9.65, but will be going to 9.9 or 10.x shortly

Larry

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

That's not surprising. 9.65 does not support 10.11.x. I believe full support for El Capitan was introduced with 9.81. You should really get the JSS to at least that version if not the latest which is currently 9.92.

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

@bpavlov Not sure what your point is as I did mention that, but riddle me this? why is everything still working as expected on 10.11.4

Larry

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@LSinNY if memory serves me one issue was trying to enroll a new computer that has Mac OS 10.11.x installed. I don't think the QuickAdd package would install properly. I think if you already have the computer enrolled and the management framework already installed if you upgraded to Mac OS 10.11.x stuff would mostly continue to work. It's been such a long time since I've used that version that my recollection could be wrong.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@LSinNY Were those 10.11 Macs imaged with 10.11 or upgraded to 10.11?

I ask as the binary pre-9.8 is in a SIP protected location.

As @mpermann mentions, this will make the quick add fail on 10.11 with an older binary, BUT also if updating the OS you might have an issue where the binary is now in a SIP protected location so cannot be updated/removed.

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

@mpermann and @bentoms Thanks for your follow up. @mpermann your memory is correct. I hit that wall last year, so i enroll via a script called on firstboot

@bentoms The iMac was deployed with a 10.11.4 image a la AutoDMG, same one I used a few days earlier. Since the 10.11.5 update was released and I had waited a few days. i enabled it in Reposado to be downloaded. profiles installed,policies are not working,but function as expected with systems on 10.11.4. No big deal as it has since been disable, And as mentioned, we will be at 9.9x or 10.x.x shortly. The ink is drying on our renewal so to speak

Larry