10.11 Casper Imaging post install uses _mbsetupuser instead of adobeinstall on older model Macbooks.

rcantrell
New Contributor II

Thanks in advance for any light you can shine on this. I've tried to find existing information on this on the web and in the JAMF discussion forums. Unfortunately, I can't find anything related to this.

This really isn't a problem, the imaging process still completes fine. I would just like a understanding of what this is.

While booted to a 10.11.2 netboot set I use Casper Imaging 9.82 to install a compiled configuration installation with a 10.11.3 image that I created using Autodmg.

So far I'm seeing newer model(2014 and up) Apple laptops go through a standard post install process, like I'm use to seeing in the past. However, with older(2012 and down) model laptops I'm not seeing a JAMF splash screen any longer. It just shows the the initial Apple boot screen with loading bar. But it does finish eventually, and in the logs I see that _mbsetupuser instead of adobeinstall installed all my post configurations and packages.

Is this just how it's going to be or am I missing something?

Thank you again for any information you can provide about this.

2 REPLIES 2

danielc29
New Contributor III

I'm experiencing the same in my environment, Only difference is I'm using 9.81 and a 10.11.3 netboot.

ibm_joelbruner
New Contributor II

I am seeing this as well, however out of 4 15" Mid 2012 MBPs 2 had adobeinstall at enroll/image time the other 2 were _mbsetupuser... very mysterious.

And annoying when you have an onenroll policy that checks for the console UID and fires of triggers appropriate for imaging...

If anyone is doing this, for your reference: adobeinstall (101), _mbsetupuser (248)