10.14.6 Supplemental Update Released + New 10.14.6 Full Installer, Combo & Delta Updates!

ClassicII
Contributor III

On the heels of the 2019-004 Wake from Sleep crashing issue, Apple today released the 10.14.6 Supplemental Update. While I can't say if this is the same sleep/wake issue as 10.13 and 10.12 it sure looks like it.

I put together a summary of what you need to know here.

https://mrmacintosh.com/10-14-6-supplemental-update-released-to-fix-wake-from-sleep-problems/

8 REPLIES 8

Mhomar
Contributor

Anyone know where I can get the new/updated 10.14.6 Delta Update? I really do not want to push to updates macOS Mojave 10.14.6 - July 22, 2019 and then macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Supplemental - August 1, 2019 back to back, that is just ugly!

Thanks in advance

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

I usually go to https://support.apple.com/downloads

You'll need to roll both 10.14.6 and the Supplemental Update; Apple's focus is on macOS Catalina now, not a new point release for Mojave.

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

The combo isn't up yet.

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Still not seeing an updated .app installer available...

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

I presume @larry_barrett meant the delta isn't up yet. The combo there (still says July 22) but when I installed it last week I got to build 18G87, which is the build for the supplemental.

@Mhomar Hiya! You should be able to run the new combo on every one and rest easy. ?

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

Yeah, what he ^ said.

Mhomar
Contributor

HI @dpertschi Been a while! so if all my Mojave Mac's are on 10.14.5 are you saying that I can run the Combo on them? I thought that was for like 10.14.1 - 10.14.4 and 10.14.5 would require the Delta? If this is true, you are saying that the July 22 update has been updated and will install 18G87.

Mhomar
Contributor

@dpertschi you were right finally go everything downloaded and setup and tested. Using the Combo updater did infact upgrade the 10.14.5 OS to 10.14.6 (18G87). Thanks for the tip!